OBJECTIVE: To reduce body fat, increase muscle tone & improve fitness levels
- Reduce sugar intake i.e. Simple carbs, Soda etc.
- Cut out – Bacon, Sausages, Cheese, Crisps, Cakes, Biscuits, Ice cream, Chocolate.
- Increase lean protein intake i.e. Chicken, Turkey, Ostrich, Egg Whites, Lean Steak, Tuna, Fish, Whey Protein.
- Only consume complex carbs i.e. Rice, Potatoes, Oats.
- Avoid drinking too much caffeine, maximum of 3 cups of coffee per day. Use herbal tea alternatives. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Refined sugar must only be eaten after training, then & only then i.e. Energade
- Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day.
- Eat complex carbs i.e. bread, pasta, rice & potatoes predominantly in the early part of the day & increase protein i.e. meat & fish in the later part of the day.
- Treat yourself at the weekend – choose one cheat day only.
BREAKFAST (approx 7am) – choose from:
*Bowl of no added sugar muesli, 1 chopped banana, skimmed milk
*60g of porridge oats with skimmed milk or water – add sweeteners not sugar –
add in some raisins, almonds and 1 scoop of protein powder.
*Omelette / scrambled eggs – made with 3 eggs (2 whole eggs / 1 egg white),
and one slice of wholemeal toast
MID MORNING (approx 10am) – choose from:
*1 fat-free yoghurt, 1 piece fruit (not banana)
*2 Ryvita, 1 tbsp fat-free cottage cheese on each
LUNCH (approx 12.30) – choose from:
*Mixed salad sandwich/wrap with Chicken, Tuna or Turkey. Add sliced avocado
and pineapple pieces
*Medium sized baked potato with 1 can tuna in water, 1 tbsp fat free cottage
cheese and pineapple pieces.
*1 Chicken breast, mixed vegetables, new potatoes / ¼ cup brown Rice or ½ cup
*Meal replacement shake
MID AFTERNOON (approx 3.30pm) – choose from:
*2 Ryvita & fat free Cottage Cheese
*2 Pieces of Fruit (not banana)
DINNER (approx 6.30pm) – choose from:
*1 serving of – Salmon, Tuna, Turkey, Chicken, Ostrich, Extra lean mince with vegetables or salad
*USE COOKING SAUCES BUT MAKE SURE THEY CONTAIN LESS THAN 5g OF FAT PER 100g – Check the product Nutritional Label. Use herbs and spices for taste. Add extra virgin olive oil / flax seed oil to your meals.
SUPPER (approx 8.30pm)
Protein source only – no form of carbohydrates
Whey Protein Powder
Make sure you start the day with breakfast. It’s important that you eat small but regular meals throughout the day to help speed up your metabolism. Do not eat a large meal any later that 8.00pm. If you feel peckish after this time then only have some form of Protein ie. Protein Drink or cold cooked meat, scrambled eggs – No toast! Your last main meal of the day should consist of vegetables/salad & protein – no bread with the meal. It’s fine to have the odd glass of wine during the week. Keep the diet healthy Monday to Friday and treat yourself at the weekend, but don’t go ballistic! Avoid fruit juice. Drink plenty of water or sugar-free cordials. If you are going to miss a main meal then have a meal replacement drink instead. Never go hungry and fill up with a larger meal later in the day. Be prepared – cook in advance and have a cooler box in your car. Protein bars are fine for emergencies but avoid on a daily basis.
Avoid all foods such as ice cream, biscuits & crisps during the week. Save it for the weekend. Best way to avoid is not to buy in the first place.